Friday, June 4, 2010

#1- Twenty years from now ...

Twenty Years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream. Discover. ~ Mark Twain

I don't see how I could possibly be disappointed by this trip, even if (Heaven forbid) I don't get to go. It's been the most fun to plan, and I've realized how well-loved I am. The very best part will be reuniting with friends I got to know well during the near four years I lived in Europe back in the first decade of the 21st century.

I quote Mark Twain, which is not original at all. He's talking about twenty years from now, but I'm thinking about ten years ago. When I first landed in Germany. With a lot more stuff than I packed for this trip. (See photo below). Can you believe I fit enough for two weeks in three different countries into that one suitcase? Don't answer that.

The tag on it reads, "I'm pretty sure this isn't your bag." It was a toss-up between that one and the one that says, "Careful: my shoes are inside." I would have picked the latter had it been written in German: "Achtung: meine Schuehe sind mittendrin." Really, though, I did pack my Michael Kors clutch, but not the Manolos. Carrie's jaunt to Paris in Season 6 taught us that designer shoes really don't do well on cobblestones.



Anyway, I digress.

I leave on Saturday at 11 a.m. and am trying out the shuttle service from Columbia to Charlotte. It's called - brace yourself - Columbia Charlotte Shuttle. I'll let you know how it goes.

Be sure to take the poll to the right of this post. It's the 21st century and we all enjoy expressing opinion and measuring the results. I'll be submitting a summary report at the end of my journey. My popularity and self-esteem hinge greatly on the number of hits I get to my blog. :)

Kuss und Gruss,
Amy

3 comments:

  1. Have fun Amy Love and be careful. Can't wait to hear about your adventures when you return. XOOXOOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy! Have a great time. BTW, my luggage tag says, "Take my bag, do my laundry."

    ReplyDelete

Life is Grand

The last days in Bonn were fantastic. Beautiful weather (though Claudia complained Winter was back, I was thrilled with the cooler temps, kn...