Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Globalization


Globalization is an American in an Irish pub in Sweden pulling for a German team in World Cup Football. Claudia and I were excited about the 4:0 Deutschland gegen Australian. Podolski, Klose, Müller und Claudias new lieblingspieler (who is actually from Brazil), Cacau. And yes, I had two German Blog editors helping me spell those names.

Claudia and I are sitting in Maren's lovely apartment in Berlin - group blogging.



The last hours in Stockholm were nice. The sun was out, we hopped into the yellow bus line of the Hop On Hop Off bus tours and got to ride around parts of the city we didn't get to see by foot. One of the neighborhoods had lots of hip shops and restaurants, where Bellman, Sweden's favorite troubadore from the 18th century, once lived.

Taxi to the airport, a bit of a wait, more chocolate and 3 hours later, we were in Berlin, where the fabulous Maren, today's guest blogger, greeted us, took us for a Berliner Weiße (beer with sweet syrup) on the Lietzensee. Beaufiful weather in Berlin! We took a little walk through Charlottenburg and watched football at the Gainsbourg Bar Américan. The Germans were not pulling for the Italians.



Today is Tour de Berlin with my friend and Travel Frau guest blogger Maren.


As you can never be really sure about what is going to happen, when you show around guests in Berlin I cannot tell what we're going to see totday. Maybe a bit of everything: Museumsinsel, Regierungsviertel, shopping around Hackescher Markt and Friedrichstraße... And of course - because I am the " inoffizielle Kulturbeauftragte von Berlin" I want to go to some of our famous theaters (Berliner Ensemble, Deutsches Theater, Volksbühne etc.). I also like boat trips on river Spree, so I hope to do one with Amy and Claudia today. If we have enough time (well, there is never enough time to show everything, because Berlin is too big) I'll take them to Kreuzberg: Falkenbergstraße - best ice cream in the best city of the world :-))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is Grand

The last days in Bonn were fantastic. Beautiful weather (though Claudia complained Winter was back, I was thrilled with the cooler temps, kn...